Compensation claims - Victorian Legal Services Board + Commissioner

Compensation Claims

We manage a compensation scheme called the Fidelity Fund for clients who have lost money or property because of the dishonest or fraudulent behaviour of a lawyer, an employee of a law practice or an approved barrister’s clerk.

If you have lost money or property that was held in trust, you may be entitled to compensation. You can make a claim for compensation under certain circumstances. Please contact us and ask to speak to a Fidelity Fund claims officer.

Further information about the compensation scheme is available from the following pages:

How and when to make a claim

How claims are determined

Claim examples

You can also download the information sheet on Making a claim against the Fidelity Fund (154KB PDF).


Last modified December 7, 2017.